Wow, how time flies when you’re working six days a week and exhausted. Kinda gave new meaning to Sunday being a day of rest because all I wanted to do after church… was sleep!
A few updates since my only (non-recall) post this year except for Tyler’s birthday. I’ll try to get back into a post here and there besides just putting up pet food recalls. I see I started one from last August that I never put up. Maybe I’ll do a flashback and post it too. Who knows. The best-laid plans and all.
You Had Me at Meow my little paperback I was motivated to write because of Trinity has been out 6 years today.
- WordPress has moved stuff all around!
- We (almost) finished building our last house (and I mean built, not had build) and we did a lot of “firsts”.
- I have tackeld the box of house receipts and have most entered into a spreadsheet.
- I actually got a little headstart earlier than I normally do on the checkbook/taxes/etc that I swear every year I’ll do monthly then curse myself when it’s a years worth come the following year.
- We moved into the new house even though we still have some stuff to do (painting, foundatin rock, door handles and some trim).
- We sold our last home using a new to us realtor.
- We (and lots of friends and family) had covid19. Wierd, werid syomptoms but we’ve had colds/flu that were worse. #naturalimmunity #9thammendment So we are now amoung the 85% of people either vaccinated or the old fashioned proven herd immunity. And no, we were not asymtomatic and quaranteed while sick.
- Tyler did extremealy well (for him) with the move.
- Tyler had his annual today and his dental is schuled. I appreciate our vet working with us so we could get him in so I can get his pain/nerve treatment started.
- I finally broke down and made an appt to have a mole that changed a while back removed. Still need to add that mamo, and dentist appointments and find a GP.
- I lost weight while we built, then gained it all back as soon as I quite laboring as hard.
- I’ve picked my real camera (for fun) just a handful of times and have been to zero waterfalls, and zero photo outings since we started the build unless you count my 50th.
- I’ve forgotten what hubby and I used to do for fun when we are not working. Seriously.
- I’ve had lunch with a couple of my girl friends.
- I finally had time to pick up a book and read a little bit. I want to clean up my bookcase so I started with A Case For Faith by Lee Strobel.
- I got started on listing some stuff on eBay and Craigslist becuase I’m not moving a whole lotta of our stuff to another home. Period. I want less stuff and more open space.
- We are looking for that perfect land to build our last home on.
- Oh and managed to get one book cover done while we built. Well, two but one can’t be used yet because of a release issue.
I miss my friends, I miss the desire to get out and to photograph. I miss relaxing and not being tired. I miss the old normal before covid, before the election, before the last house build being so frustrating.
It does feel nice to say “hello” again and let y’all know I’m still on this side of the grass. I look forward to doing some catching up and hope you all are doing well. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, my cover design or photography -please share. If you’d like to follow my blog, (which includes pet food recalls) and get an email when I post, just click on the “follow” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page or on the homepage. You enter your email address, and you’ll receive an email confirmation in return. I do NOT share email addresses. To learn more about my book cover design, photography or the books I’ve authored— my first homepage on this site has all the links.
It was lovely to hear from you again. Your life is terribly busy, but some day you will retire. Keep looking forward to it, because it’s worth waiting for. You might be busier than ever, but it will be with things you want to do.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hopefully, we have one more house build in us for our last home. We are both self-employed where we can move work around other things but with that, we don’t have much of a retirement, while at least retirement pension/funds. I do look forward to doing more relaxing though and I really look forward to the day the hard physical work comes to an end for both of us.
KIM WHO? Of course, I remember you. Good to see that you stay busy. You made no mention of sleep on the list.
I still write my weekly blogs but have no plans for another book. Expense of doing one the right way usually exceeds sales profit. Additionally, the book market is awash in books. Watch a “news” show and the host and the interviewees both promote something they call a book. Also, many people spend several hours of every day on social media. Not wishing to get caught in that trap, I have no cell phone or tablet. I watch NO social media stuff on my PC. My sanity is safe.
Thank you for the update. Be happy and that is an order.
I’m not much on taking orders but I can always find something to be happy about. In fact, I’m very grateful for so so much.
I wonder how many people that chose to write a book during the downtime? or how many authors spent the time promoting their books? or how many were just overwhelmed with the lockdowns and unmotivated?
I remember hearing “promote or perish” a long time ago and I will be the first to admit I don’t enjoy that and I’m not good at it. Then again book covers is more enjoyable than writing ever was for me.
Hopefully, I’ll have a little more free time to get out and photograph just for me, doing what I love, in addition to some cover design or commissioned photography.
Just taking each day one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. For me, I know life is good but eternal life is better 🙂 and all things have a season.
Wishing you the best in whatever you persue.